RECENT CHANGES – F.Y. 2010 – 11
Changes in Gen e-TDS ver 188.8.131.52 released on April 12, 2011
Ø New Form No. 13.
Changes in Gen e-TDS ver 2.11.4 released on April 05, 2011
Ø New FVU ver. 3.1 (F.Y. 2010-11 onwards) & ver. 2.130 (Upto F.Y. 2009-10) released by NSDL.
Ø New Flag “Y” may be selected in the field of ‘Reason for non deduction/ lower deduction/ higher deduction/threshold’ to highlight transactions where TDS is not deducted as the threshold for deducting tax has not exceeded. Applicable from F.Y. 2010-11 onwards for Form No. 26Q.
Ø Mandatory to quote Mobile No. for deductor category other than Central govt. and State Govt. Applicable from F.Y. 2010-11 onwards.
Ø Provision to quote the deduction under section 80CCF in salary details (applicable for 24Q Q4).
Changes in Gen e-TDS ver 2.11.2 released on February 22, 2011
Ø New Form No. 16 for F.Y. 2010-11.
Changes in Gen e-TDS ver 184.108.40.206 released on October 14, 2010
Ø Correction Statement is available now.
Major changes in Gen e-TDS ver 2.10.10 released on October 7, 2010
Ø New File Validation Utility FVU 3.0 applicable for e-TDS/TCS statements (regular and correction) pertaining to F.Y. 2010-11 onwards. New validations and changes related to new FVU 3.0 are:
Deductor/Collector Master Details
- Field for mobile no. of responsible person has been added in Deductor Master.
- Any one of the contact details of deductor/collector is mandatory:
o Deductor/collector telephone no. along with STD code
o Responsible person telephone no. along with STD code
o Mobile no. responsible person
- Mandatory to quote e-mail id of deductor/collector or responsible person.
- For TDS/TCS deposited by book entry (Government Deductors), 7 digit number generated by TIN for accepted Form 24G statement to be quoted in field provided Receipt No. of Form 24G. This value will be provided by the Accounts Officer to the deductor.
- For TDS/TCS deposited by book entry (Government Deductors), 5 digit number generated by TIN for DDO record of accepted Form 24G statement to be quoted in field provided DDO Sequence No. This value will be provided by the Accounts Officer to the deductor.
- In case TDS is at higher rate in case of non-availability of PAN, record to be marked with new flag “C” in the field Reasons for lower or no deduction.
- Mandatory to quote valid PAN in case TDS is not at higher rate.
- Valid PAN to be quoted for Lower/No deduction of TDS.
- Transporter transaction in Form No. 26Q for Section 194C where no deduction has been made, record to be marked with new flag “T” in the field Reasons for lower or no deduction.
- PAN compliance validation is discontinued for Form no. 24Q (95%) and 26Q (85%).
Ø New File Validation Utility FVU 2.129 applicable for e-TDS/TCS statements (regular and correction) up to F.Y. 2009-10.
Ø New Receipt Number of Eight Digit (Alphabets) to be quoted in Form 16/16A, generated for the quarterly TDS/TCS statements pertaining to FY 2010-11 and onwards. New field is provided for the same in Certificate Printing window and can automatically be filled using Quarterly Return Status Facility available on TIN-NSDL website.
Ø New Form No. 24G is incorporated replacing e-TBAF Statement to be filled by Government Account Office.